Friday 22 June 2012

Being a Girl Scout






On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.





I will do my best to be
Honest and Fair,
Friendly and Helpful,
Considerate and Caring,
Courageous and Strong, and
Responsible for what I say and do,
And to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.


Before I came here, I kinda imagined Girl Scout Camp to be full of girls in vests with loads of badges on it.
Well, it is not. 
The cookie part is true though- the girls go from door to door and try to sell their cookies. They taste pretty awesome I must say, so it is not like selling boring cleaning supplies. The girls who sold the most cookies get a reward and this time they could come to camp for free. Last week we had two sessions of girls who sold around 300 boxes.. Craaazy!!!

What I like about Girl Scouts is that they do not dictate anything in terms of religion or sexuality, for example.They have nothing to do with that and I think that is pretty good to start with. Their aim is to make the world a better place (haha cheesy) but I think it is pretty neat to teach girls to be leaders, not dictators but strong girls who have the power to change the world. They might not know it yet, but all the cool stuff you can do at Camp cannot do anything wrong I guess.

(by the way, I am kind of a Girl Scout now aswell- I paid 12$ of membership fee, so it is on!)

No comments :

Post a Comment