Friday 8 March 2013

nom! {Chocolate Beer Batter Cupcakes with Maple Bacon Frosting}

I love 2 Broke Girls- it is probably my favorite show at the moment. And ever since Max made the Beer Batter Maple Bacon Spring Break Cupcakes I was hooked! Love bacon, love chocolate & maple syrup and all of that in a cupcake? o m g

The best recipe I found was from here - instead of Guiness I used a beer called Hoxton Stout which the lovely guy from our local wine shop picked out for me. I don't like Guiness that much and he gave me a beer that was really nice, kinda dark and bitter beer but in the cupcake it tasted just fine! Also instead of the chocolate chips I used Cadbury Buttons.
The cupcake tasted so light (there is yoghurt in there) and not too sweet at all, it was amazing how well it went with the frosting and the maple bacon.
The only bad thing is that we were full after one, BUT then had to have another one... baaad idea. We all crawled in to our rooms to die a bit...tummy toooo full.
So maybe a tiny version of this would be best.
That will be my next project





1 comment :

  1. Hey Joyce,
    ich lese deinen Blog jetzt schon sehr lange und gerne und habe mich gefragt, wieso du gar nicht so viele Leser hast - ich finde dein Auslandstagebuch total genial und inspirierend (ich werde mein Auslandssemester ebenfalls in GB verbringen). Deshalb habe ich dir den Best Blog Award verliehen und würde mich freuen, wenn du ihn annimmst :)

    http://everydaysoap.net/alltagsdrama/weekly-roundup-8-best-blog-award/

    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete