Sunday 11 August 2013

Roller Derby {Auld Reekie Roller Girls}

I hope everyone has seen  'Whip It'? It's this amazing film directed by Drew Barrymore (and starring Ellen Page) about Roller Derby (read more about the sport here). And the best thing is (and I only realised this yesterday, as I rewatched the film) it takes place in Austin, Texas. How cool is that?!

Anyway, ever since I watched the film couple years back I thought this was such a fascinating sport. I kind of forgot about it but when I saw that there is a Roller Derby match here in Edinburgh during the Fringe, I had to go. There is a huge Roller Derby scene here in Edinburgh, who would have thought? I loved watching the game and even kind of understood the rules. In Europe they play on flat tracks, so not like in Whip It. It was really fun to watch though, so if you are in Edinburgh, go and see them on the 24h August!



No comments :

Post a Comment