Monday 23 June 2014

Oh Scotland, I forgot how much I love you.

To be honest, ever since I got of the plane here in Edinburgh I have been a bit taken aback at first. I had Scotland put down as this place with very nice and helpful people. When I got here, I was reminded what it actually is. The people here are polite. But real friendliness, in my opinion, is something very different. Something that I experienced in Texas to an extent that blew my mind. So coming back here was different than I expected, but after over a week I have fallen back in love with Scotland.

Ceilidh.
It's traditional Scottish dancing to the best folk music, at best played live obviously.
I will definitely have one at my wedding, no matter what.

Like last year, the Edinburgh film festival put one on and it was a blast. Such a good crowd, you literally felt it in the air how much fun everyone was having.




(btw the right video actually shows me dancing, haha. pink dress and ponytail.)

5 comments :

  1. oh man, sooo cool! Heirate bitte bald, ich will das auch tanzen. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Bei dem rechten video im rosanen kleid mit buntem kimono :D

      Delete
  3. Jep, das unterschreibe ich: Ich fand die Briten auch meistens nicht herzlich, nur höflich - du wusstest nicht, was viele hintenrum sagen würden. Was nicht heißt, dass ich England jetzt nicht mehr mag, aber man muss auch ein bisschen hinter die Fassade schauen. Ich denke, dass die Südländer da ganz anders sind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja dito, es ist halt ein anderes "nett sein".
      Ist mir aber auch lieber als gar nicht höflich sein!

      Delete