Monday 2 March 2015

How to survive the winter in Sotland

As I am writing this, it is snowing outside. SO I guess even though it is March, this post is still relevant. This post goes out to all the poor people who do not have double-glazed windows, an efficient heating system (or central heating for that matter) and are living in Scotland.


1. Lounging in the house with a cute tank top and tiny shorts is NOT HAPPENING. It looks cute when they do it in H&M catalogues, but you can do that when you have a lot of money to spend on electricity or live in Spain. Instead, wear everything you own- plus a hat and fingerless gloves so you can still type on your computer.

2. Hot drinks are a must. It can be a super fatty amazing hot chocolate, a sugary cafe latte or simply tea. Because you have to drink lots of this to stay warm, I recommend the latter. Or whatever.

3. Cheating is allowed, and I highly recommend electric blankets. All my friends are super snobby when it comes to this (because apparently I will burn to death in my sleep), but THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE MISSING! Also if you have the nice ones, the blanket automatically turns off after 3 hours or so. It will make your life worth living again, I promise. Or if you are broke, go for a hot water bottle. That's okay too.

4. Netflix. There is nothing to explain here really- but you have a massive library of films and series right there, in one spot- and you don't have to move all day. Other than to pee and make tea of course.


This pretty much explains my life at the moment. Staying at home, writing a dissertation, making tea, complaining about life, watching Netflix to procrastinate, make tea, writing some more and then going to bed. Ahhhh I am so ready for spring!

No comments :

Post a Comment